Both industries and Universities have never been able to exist separately; an intellectual asset of the University has either to address the problems of industries or has to largely contribute for the growth and development of various industries. Likewise, the advancement of knowledge and technology in higher education institutions/Universities can only happen with the pertinent need and support of the industry. Thus, creating a reliable partnership between University and industry has a paramount contribution for generating mutual benefits between them for the betterment of the society and the world at large.
The Cell envisages to bolster existing and forge new linkages. The goal is to create Industry Driven Learning Ecosystem and Co-create a launchpad for future shapers. This includes aptitude, mock tests, workshops, internships, CV-building, Video resume building, pre-placement training, alumni networking, seminars, Webinars, symposiums in sync with the current industry trends.
The Center would help undergraduate, post graduate graduate students, and recent alumni make informed decisions about their futures by providing comprehensive resources, programs, career counseling, externships and internships, and employment and professional /graduate school options - whether they are building upon a liberal arts education, leveraging their academic preparation in business or engineering, or seeking a career in the corporate or nonprofit workforce.
The Center has a dedication to providing all students:
Career Clarity -- the opportunity to identify their career direction
Career Competitiveness -- opportunities to enhance their marketability and career readiness via real world experiences
Career Connections -- opportunities to engage with alumni and employers
Overview : Guidance for students who aspire for employment. Services include but are not confined to
- Awareness of industry trends
- Professional course certifications
- Placement assistance by collaborating with corporates and also integrate the efforts with the alumni
To strive towards seamless and continuous engagement with the Industry
- To synergize the efforts of the University Departments with those of the HCDC and make value additions in the university –industry interface
- To proactively engage the University with the Industry for training, placement, internships, and curriculum
- Company-specific orientation will be conducted for students before all the placement drives
- To compile an inventory of skills required for diverse sectors
- To share the skill inventory with the colleges/ Departments to augment their syllabi and pedagogy
- To invite industry experts/ alumni entrepreneurs for talks, guest lectures
- To organize career talks and hot job tracks by industry professionals
- To conduct job melas by networking with organizations
- To participate in educational fairs etc. to enhance the visibility of the University
- To explore the possibility of working with the Industry and facilitate "earn while you learn."
- To network with organizations working with similar goals and objectives
- To work with the corporates for research funding To strive for placements, internship opportunities for students
- To follow up with corporates on the progress of students during internships
- To organize skill up-gradation programs for Non-teaching staff
- Invite companies to University Campus for recruitment.
- Ascertain / Recognize the core competencies of students. Coordinate the process of the Training & Placement department.
- To manage records of internships, interviews, and selections.
- To obtain internship completion certificates from various companies.
- To provide current market-related information to students.
- To offer standard placement brochures to all Departments.
- Industrial connects, seminars, Corporate connections, PR is to be done by the project coordinators.
- Students to be trained to create their profiles based on tutorials received from the 3rd party vendor which is to be well secured in the database.
- Mock tests, practice interviews are to be conducted by the student coordinators divided branch-wise and yearwise.
- Intranet portals are to be designed to verify individual progress.
- Mock tests received from the 3rd party vendors must be secured, and similar pattern tests will be jumbled up and created.
- Aspirant students who wish to go for upskilling can pay from pocket at the best-negotiated price by HCDC.